It's been very cool to see how the parent robins really seem to be getting comfortable with us taking such interest in them. Actually, the mother robin has been pretty OK with us for awhile. This morning, while I was taking the above picture of her babies, she returned and sat patiently on a higher branch of the tree and waited for me to finish. I (of course) took the opportunity to get a quick photo of her as well. She was amazingly calm and collected... even with breakfast waiting in her beak!!
THE FATHER BIRD, on the other hand, has taken a little longer to be OK with us being around. I can't complain... he's doing a great job as a father protecting what is his. If you've seen any of the video's I've posted before, you might have noticed some pretty firm chirping in the background. Those warnings were coming from Dad. :) However, yesterday evening I wanted to check on the nest because we had had some pretty good rain showers. Dad stayed on his usual post on our roof above the tree and simply watched me. Oh, he watched me very closely, no doubt,... but I didn't get the usual warnings I've become used to. I like to think that after watching us for the past 2 weeks, he's seeing that we are posing no threat to his family.
As I said, we had received some pretty good rain showers yesterday, and at least a drizzle most of the day. Mother bird did another amazing job at keeping her newborns dry and warm!
Keep watching for more updates... we're still anxious for egg #4 to hatch!! :) This has been SO fun to share with all of you!

2 comments:
seriously.....SO. COOL! You should make sure you have these amazing videos saved to a CD so you can always have them to share! So much fun!
Miss Heidi's Preschool LOVES seeing this amazing miracle of life. This is what they each had to say. Thanks Sandra for being so amazing!!! Love you. Heidi
I like to see your birds.
Allyson
Thank you to the daddy bird for bringing worms to the babies. Harmony
I hope you had fun taking pictures of the birds.
Kailee
I glad to see the baby birds. They are so cute sticking their heads up thinking the camera is their mommy with food.
Adah
Thank you for showing us the birds. I like them when they popped out thinking the camera was food. That's all--see ya.
Kempton
I really like the birds.
Mateo
I like that the birds are pink. Ramzy
I like the birds.
Blake
Post a Comment