Anyway, our cute little newborns did a lot of sleeping today. I think the reason MUST be that they are exhausted from GROWING so fast! It's really interesting to look at how much they fill up the nest today, compared to the amount of space they took up 4 days ago!
5-17-2010:
And now,... 5-20-2010:
It's also very interesting to see how much they are developing. Not only are they becoming more "feathery", but the darkening areas of their skin are new too. We're also watching everyday for the first baby to open it's eyes. We can see clearly now where the eye will open when it's ready... we just need to keep being patient.
Another thing we're waiting for is... NOISE! :) Actually, Kendra has mentioned that she's not really looking forward to that since their nest is in the tree right outside her window. She is my child who likes to sleep in, and she's afraid that they will not allow her to do that once they become vocal. Leandra, on the other hand (who also has a window next to the nest tree), shouldn't have any trouble being woken up by their sounds, as she has always risen before the sun!
Well, it looks like the babies are hungry again... I can't wait to see how big they are tomorrow!

2 comments:
WOW! They sure ARE growing fast! Very neat!
So I am out of the loop!! Kevin just told me to check your blog... I AM IN LOVE!! I love these little birds!! Zachary and Eliza just giggled and giggled watching your videos. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for sharing. They are just so cute.
Post a Comment