Tuesday, May 18, 2010

For Miss Heidi's Preschool

I was so excited to get a phone call from Miss Heidi this morning, telling me how much her preschool class enjoyed looking at the fun pictures and video's of our robin family! It's been very exciting for us as well!! Last night I had the opportunity to get another video of the baby robins while the mom was out looking for their dinner. It's a little out-of-focus because my camera seemed to be more interested in the plant below, but I think you'll still like it!!




EXCITING NEWS!!

This morning the mother robin has spent a lot of time in her nest because we had some rain last night, and I'm sure she's trying to keep her babies warm. However, around 10:30, she left to get something for them to eat, and I took a minute to get some more pictures. Guess what?? Another baby has hatched!!


I also took a little video, but they seem to be pretty sleepy this morning.


Another thing we have found interesting, is that the mother robin seems to really like having a clean nest. Just like when your mom tells you to clean your room!! We have noticed that there are no egg shells left in the nest. I did find one on the ground this morning, but that's it. Mother robin seems to be a very good (and clean) mom!

1 comment:

Thornton Family said...

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT EGG!