Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baby Robins - Day 6

Hello again! I just got a comment from Allison... yea, still just 3 babies. I think it might have been yesterday (or maybe 2 days ago), that I mentioned we somehow lost one.... I don't know if it was an egg we lost, or if perhaps something happened to a VERY newborn bird (before we even saw it hatched). Nevertheless, we've had 3 baby birds, and one last egg for the past 6 days now. Lee and I were talking about this yesterday and again today, and we think that the last egg (which the 3 birds are still laying on in the nest) must be a dud. I don't know that much about birds and eggs, but I'm guessing that at this point, it's probably just not ever going to hatch.
BUT, the 3 birds we do have are doing GREAT!! You're not going to believe the pictures I got today! Their little wings are really starting to develop feathers, and they're even getting color!


They had a really nice nap in the afternoon sun today. I'm sure they really enjoyed it after all the rain last night. I was thinking that it would have been nice to take a warm nap in the sun today myself!!


Anyway, I THINK I was thinking that.... maybe the baby robin heard me, and decided to take a quick look???


We were so excited to see them actually open their eyes!! Qiyana just started jumping up and down and giggling SO cute when I showed her the pictures. It's just still so hard to imagine how much they've grown in less than a week. Just the 3 of them fill up the nest so much! I can't imagine how any more could possibly even fit. I guess it's a good think we've only got the 3. They are amazing!

1 comment:

bedonts said...

Wow! They are growing fast! Interesting that the one egg didn't hatch... wonder what they do with those? I guess we'll find out! I love being able to follow along with your baby Robins posts! Such an exciting and fascinating thing! Thanks for sharing!

Love you!