Sunday, June 21, 2009

Who says we can't??

I guess we were supposed to have our little camp out because the minute we took Leandra's friend home, it began raining again! I'm not sure what the weather was like elsewhere in Utah, but later Saturday afternoon, we had flash flood warnings in Salt Lake County.... and I believe for good reason!! The skies seriously opened up on us a few times, and for awhile each time! It was incredible! (Have I mentioned I LOVE the rain, recently??)
Last time it rained, Lee was a bit disappointed because he had wanted to play basketball with Jordan in it, but didn't get home in time. Saturday, however, he took full advantage of being home. Who says you can't play ball in the rain?? I was out running some errands, but came home in time to see Lee, Jordan and Leandra completely SOAKED and having a blast in the driveway!
An hour or so later, we got hit with some serious rain again, and playing basketball was the first thing on everyone's minds!!

I'm sure our neighbors thought we were completely insane... even I got in on the last game!! (Fortunately, I'm the one with the camera, so you won't be able to prove anything!)

Nice flick of the wrist, J-Man!!

Excellent "D", Leandra! Play on!!


You know, in the rain, it's a little harder to hit your shots, because of the downpour in your face! Not to mention the fact that the ball is so darn slippery! Eventually though, if you keep at it, success will be yours!!

Oh yea.... the sweet, SWEET feel of VICTORY!!

3 comments:

Schiffman Family said...

How Fun!!! I still have memories of dancing in the backyard in the rain and then it stopped before we were ready to be done and so we turned on the hose and sprayed it straight up in the air to give the affect of rain!

kat said...

Soo fun. I'm glad someone is enjoying all the rain! :)

bedonts said...

Looks like fun!!! You should come to Tucson where the rain is warm!!