Monday, July 6, 2009

JONAS BROTHERS - LIVE!!

Any of you with "Tween-age" daughters, like I have, probably know who was headlining at the Stadium of Fire this year... (YEA!!!!) Well,... Lee did the most awesome thing a few weeks ago and told me he thought I should take Leandra and Kendra to the show.
Well, he sure didn't have to twist my arm! I know it's pretty sorry when an OLD MOM likes the latest GIRL CRAZE, but I just can't help it! Kevin, Joe and Nick are such talented and cute boys, with good values and good music... even Lee thinks their music is good enough for the kids to listen to! I LOVE that my kids love them! It's really hard to find good role models these days! Anyway, anyway...

We've never been to the Stadium of Fire, but I'd love to be able to go again! I couldn't believe what a HUGE production it was! I felt like I was at the Superbowl half-time for most of it!! They even had a fly-over from Hill Air Force Base!
The coolest part of the fly-over, was that they had the pilot of the head plane on camera from his plane, broadcasted to the big-screen in the stadium as they flew over... it was really cool!
When the concert part finally started, Kendra had a hard time adjusting to the volume level... I guess I should have thought about that and maybe brought along some ear plugs, but eventually, she became less sensitive to it (or her ear-drums just became permanently damaged!)... But, WOW!!! What an AWESOME show! They seemed to be having SO much FUN! And, of course, we TOTALLY were!! I love a GREAT concert!!
Even though we weren't right in front of the stage (yea,... the $300 per ticket section... Ugh!), we could see plenty well enough! Also, Lee picked up a couple pair of decent binoculars (from work) for the girls to use. They worked GREAT... just too bad I couldn't take pictures through them!! You know, they are so cute,... they said they wanted to play a song so all the kids could see how cool their parents were... They played "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond, and did it fantastically!! (Is that a word??) It was AWESOME!



And, of course, the night ended with an awesome fireworks show!! Although,... I have to say that Taylorsville Dayzz is seriously hard to beat! It was cool to have fireworks shooting right out of the stadium, but we will STILL never be able to say anything against sitting on Nana and Poppy's back deck at the end of June every summer! I would have to say that THAT part of the night, was a draw with the fireworks show we saw last week! We are SERIOUSLY spoiled in that area!!

4 comments:

bedonts said...

YEA! How fun! I'm glad you got to go! It sounds like it was a seriously good time! Two points (or 3 or 6) for Lee! :)

Schiffman Family said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!! Oh, and Brynn is jealous also. She doesn't even want to hear about it, she wanted to go so bad.
We really are happy you got to go. You all deserved a fun night!!! You're so LUCKY!!!

kat said...

SO MUCH FUN!! What a bunch of LUCKY girls. I'm so glad you had a fun time and were able to see such a fun show. AWESOME MEMORIES! Way to go LEE!

kevin said...

What a fun experience! We saw Toby Keith at Stadium Fire back in 2002. I remember it being SOOOOO loud. Luckily someone had earplugs so I used them.

Oh, and if you ever want a to see another Hill Air Force fly by, you are welcome to visit our house anytime (we don't get to see the pilots though).