So... all the yard work was well worth it because we had a backyard camp-out Friday night!! All the stars and planets must have been aligned too, because it was the most beautiful, clear night we have had in weeks!! We found the big dipper, roasted marshmallows, and DIDN'T get rained on! It was AWESOME!

It was originally going to be a big sleep-over party for Leandra and her friends (since we don't do "sleep-overs" with friends as a general rule, we agreed that we'd have a fun camp-out in our backyard during the summer to kind of get that "sleep-over itch" out of the big girl's systems). Unfortunately, only 1 friend was actually able to make it, but it still turned out to be GREAT FUN!

Lee had to help someone move that night, but was awesome to get (and put together) a steel fire-pit for us before leaving. I was SO excited for this. It may not seem like much, but I've wanted one of these for a LONG time! And... it turned out to be as AWESOME as I'd hoped it would be! The kids thought it was totally cool to make smores in our own backyard, and it kept them warm too! The girls did have to keep moving their chairs though, because they were all SOOOOO beautiful! (you know,.. the smoke??)

Anyway, after Jordan and Qiyana said goodnight to the girls, they sat around the fire with me for a little bit while it died down, and then while I made sure there were no hot coals left.

It was a very fun night,... and I LOVED coming back in the house and going to bed with that awesome camp-fire smoke smell in my hair!! I can't wait to do it again!!
3 comments:
Those fire pits are great, aren't they!! We LOVE ours and use it all the time! The kids are always asking if we can do smores. Sounds like you had a very fun night!
I'm jealous! I want a fire pit! Where did you get yours?
Looks like sooo much fun!!
Post a Comment