Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Temple Near My Home...

Yesterday our Primary held one of their quarterly activities which was -- I thought -- quite ambitious. We met at our church at 9am and then caravaned to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to attend the open house. Since Lee and I are now teaching the Valient 12 class, we were also able to attend (AND, since we have all 4 of our children in Primary right now, it turned out to be a really nice family activity as well). Jordan really got a kick out of the ushers and began holding his arm out to the side as if to guide people along periodically. Once he even questioned a Brother who was on security detail as to why he didn't have his arm out. The gentleman got quite a kick out of him.

Our children all LOVED the Celestial and the Sealing Rooms the most because of the mirrors. But, who doesn't find that visual perspective of eternity inspiring??

With the temple open house and upcoming dedication such a part of our lives out here right now, our Stake primary decided to do a little re-arranging of their monthly "focus" and made May our "Temple" month. So, all month long we have been talking, learning and singing about the temple -- which was also a GREAT build-up to out ward's activity yesterday. Our Stake Primary Presidency has even written another verse to the song "I Love to See the Temple" which the kids have been learning... it goes like this:

There is a sacred temple
That I can call my own.
A beacon on a hillside...
And it's nearby my home.

The greatest blessings can be mine
As I learn to live the gospel.
We'll sing and shout in gratitude --
The Oquirrh Mountain Temple. *

Words by Galene Gish and Stephanie Ransom

2 comments:

bedonts said...

Isn't it an amazing temple??! SO beautiful! I also loved the Celestial room and the Sealing room, but another part that I really liked was just outside the Sealing rooms where you could see the picture of Christ through the glass and saw Christ in all the little circles on the edge of the window. Amazing! Loved it! Glad you were all able to go!

Love you!

Schiffman Family said...

What an amazing experience for you all. How blessed you are! Love you guys.