Thursday, June 4, 2009

A New Look... Short and Sassy!

For a long time now, Leandra has been pleading with me to cut her hair short. I have been unwilling to go short because I've been afraid of what her hair might do without the length of it pulling it down (I don't think girls are supposed to have afro's are they??)! Anyway, I finally realized that in the grand scheme of things, this really wasn't an important fight to have. Although I did NOT agree to cut her hair to her shoulders (as she had thought really wanted), I did end up cutting off about 4 1/2 inches.

It was so cool to see her face light up when she looked at herself in the mirror. She really loved it!! And I have to say, I think it does make her look more grown up -- not that that's what I want either!! Ugh! What's a parent to do??

But, we DO really like her new look -- and I LOVE to see her happy with what she sees too!!

4 comments:

We are mom and dad! said...

Leandra, your hair looks beautiful! It's a scarry thing for a mom to cut off so much hair, but wow, she did a great job and WOW, you look so pretty. A good idea, and so much fun to get a new look. Love you soooo much.

bedonts said...

Leandra, you look BEAUTIFUL and SO grown up!!

kat said...

I'm lovin the new do. You look so pretty. It makes me want to cut mine again...I just might! Good job Sandra...you are so brave! :)

Schiffman Family said...

I LOVE it!!! So pretty and much easier on the snarls probably. You are beautiful!!!