Next week, Leandra will begin attending West Hills Middle School as a 7th grader. I can't believe how fast times flies!
I have a friend (Heather) who has a daughter who just happens to be Leandra's friend (Hannah). Heather always takes her kids to a Salon to get their hair cut. She says the pressure is just too much for her to try and cut their hair herself. Anyway, over the past little while, she has apparently paid for enough hair cuts to have earned a free one. Awesome, right?
Well, Heather and Hannah decided that it would be really fun to give Leandra the coupon for the free cut and go together to get their hair done so they would feel fresh and spunky to begin the whole Middle School experience. (AMAZING friends, right??) We totally LOVE them.
So, today was the big day. Leandra has been so excited to go! She and I even went to the library yesterday and checked out some magazines with some pictures she thought might look good on her. I have always thought that Leandra was a very beautiful girl, but take a look at this lovely young lady...



Oh, my goodness!! :) OK... but we're not quite done yet. Because Leandra has also been asking for highlights in her hair for months. We made some phone calls and quickly discovered that highlights simply cost WAY too much for us to be able to handle right now. So, I (being the ever thrifty mother that I am) told her that I could do it for her for much less if we just got one of those all-in-one LOREAL highlight kits from the store. I figured I used to put highlights in my hair, why couldn't I do them for my daughter? After all, I still color the gray out of my own hair, right? So, Leandra was brave and agreed to let me do it for her. Are you ready for some more pics??



The only worry we had left was how to put her hair up to play soccer (since Fall season begins tomorrow morning). Because after all, Leandra is ALL ABOUT soccer...
I have to admit,... I think she's going to be just fine! ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for Leandra to be so grown up,... but I LOVE that she's growing up to be such a beautiful, happy, kind young woman!
2 comments:
WHat a GORGEOUS GIRL!! I love the new look! You are so very beautiful! LOVE YOU!
All I can say, is that Leandra is Beautiful! I love those first pictures of the new hair cut! Wow! I love it!
Post a Comment