You know, when Leandra was old enough to start school, I didn't know if I was going to like the year-round schedule that Jordan School District has (due to all the young families out here). But I can honestly say that I LOVE it! It's been GREAT to have a little 3 week break every couple of months. It gives the kids a break from all the work, yet it's short enough that they aren't quite dying of boredom before it's time to go back. Next year will be interesting having Leandra at the Middle School (which is on a traditional schedule), but we'll figure that out when we get there. :)

Anyway, July 25th marked the beginning of the 2009 - 2010 school year for Hayden Peak Elementary (with Kindergarten starting the August 4th). So, as of now, all of the Utah Thornton children are back in school! This will be the one year where they are ALL attending the same school, at the same time (even though Qiyana's only 1/2 day).
Qiyana was especially excited for school this year since she would be able to go everyd

ay. She's even excited to be able to go "off-track" with her brother and sisters this year. The PTA did something cute this year for the parents of Kindergarten kids. After we brought them to school for their first day, there was a "Boo-Hoo Brunch" held on the stage for parents to have muffins and juice and help each other get through this BIG day! They even had little packs of tissues for the parents. I didn't go, because I still had day-care kids to get home for, but my friend Heather is the PTA President Elect this year, and she said there were plenty of tears being shed up on that stage. I had to giggle. I guess if they had done this Brunch when Leandra was going into Kindergarten, I might have had some tears to shed too. But, as I told Lee, I think when you get more to my stage in life, it might be better called a "Woo-Hoo! Brunch". I don't know, maybe if I still didn't have 5-ish kids at my house all day, I might even feel a bit teary-eyed too. Aren't I just horrible??
I'm not sure I'm ready for all the work and projects to come -- I'm probably going to have some nightmares about forgetting some huge project for someone -- but hopefully I'll be able to stay organized enough to keep up with all 4 schedules! But if nothing else, even with the day-care kids I still have every day... can I tell you how quiet it is at my house before 11:17am these days?? :)
2 comments:
How fun! Chris is SO excited to start school too! Every morning he asks, "is today is the day I go to school." 12 more days and he'll be gone 5 days a week for a full day of Kindergarten!!
What fun!!! We are on the count down for school to start also. We start Aug. 24th. Qiyana looks so grown up!!! I can't believe it.
Post a Comment