Qiyana has been reading AMAZINGLY lately, and so I thought (just for kicks) I would give her the letter and see how well she did. She read the greeting and the first 2 paragraphs with help on only 2 or 3 words. After that, she thought the letter was getting a little long and asked me to finish reading it to her. Lee and I just kept staring at each other,.... I called Mom and Dad to do a bit of bragging... and then I decided to video her reading the letter for the 60 seconds that my camera will record.
I'm having a proud Mom moment, so please endulge me!
Here is the beginning of the letter which she read :
"Dear Parents of New Kindergarten Students,
We will be holding an orientation for parents that have children attending kindergarten in the 2009-2010 school year on Friday, April 17, 2009 at 2:00 p.m. in the Hayden Peak Elementary activity room. The orientation will last approximately 30 minutes.
This meeting is for parents only. Please leave children at home. At the orientation we will explain the kindergarten program and introduce the kindergarten teachers. They will answer any questions you might have."

7 comments:
That is awesome! We all new Kiwi was smart. We love you. I still remember the commercial that ran on Fox years ago, (little boy sitting on steps outside apartment - looked like sesame street steps) "This is Kevin Jones, he doesn't like reading. If he doesn't learn to..." Yea, even though it wasn't about me, they had me pegged. Good job Kiwi keep reading you will be able to do a lot more in life if you enjoy reading early!
She is amazing!! Wow! And so cute!! I am finally leaving a comment because Justin showed me how - I am a moron when it comes to stuff like this! I love your blog, Sandy! Miss you! Cara
Incredible!! I am very impressed! You TOTALLY deserve to have a proud mom moment!! :)
That is absolutely amazing!!!You Rock Qiyana!!! I love the look on her face when she came to the word approximately. So funny! We love you. Heidi
-K- You are just AWESOME Qiyana!! and your mom has EVERY right to brag about that!! I too Love Kiwi's face when she got to approximately. Too cute!
I am so impressed! She is really amazing!
KIWI IS COOL
Post a Comment