Sunday, March 29, 2009

IT WORKS!!



OK,... so I have to admit that I was pretty apprehensive about Leandra's kite-making assignment. Neither I nor Leandra have ever made a kite from scratch before,... and while I thought we had done a pretty OK job, we did not have a chance to test it before she took it to school on Friday because of all the SNOW!! Suprisingly, Friday turned out to be a pretty decent day, and Leandra's teacher was able to go forward with her kite-flying plans.

I was SO happy when I picked the kids up from school and Leandra told me the GREAT news! "Mom, mine was the ONLY one in the whole class that flew!!" She added that actually, there was one other kite that flew a little, but not as high as hers. Fortunately, the other kite belonged to Chayston (a very nice boy in our ward), so it was OK. ;)

4 comments:

kevin said...

There is absolutely no surprise that something Sandra and Andy made worked the way it was supposed to. Sounds like Andy has her mom's ability to do anything she can think of! congrats.

Cara McCullough said...

Good for you, Leandra!! You are awesome! Your Texas aunt misses you! Long live Kilroy! Love, Cara

bedonts said...

WAY to GO!!! Very well done! :)

kat said...

I just knew you would come up with an AMAZING kite! I think it is especially great that yours was really the only one that flew :).