Thursday, January 22, 2009

Peek-a-Boo...

NOW we SEE you!!

Leandra has been sure she needed glasses since they did the vision screening at school earlier this year. So, now that we finally have insurance again... we took all the kids in for check-ups. The results are as beautiful as ever. Leandra takes after me and is a bit near-sighted. Suprisingly, Qiyana is far-sighted. It was quite a shock, since we have never had any indication that she was having trouble seeing! She has never been one to run into things, and she has always enjoyed reading her books to me and every sign we see while driving around. I am very proud to say, however, that she LOVES her glasses, and wears them like a champ! I was honestly a little worried with trying to keep glasses on a 4-year old, but it's almost like she's always had them. She is amazing!!

We have a wonderful Optometrist who is our friend and used to live in our ward,... and it turns out we were lucky to get Qiyana in to see him as soon as we did. Apparently, without glasses to train her brain to focus BOTH eyes... it is possible that one of her eyes might never have been able to focus completely! Crazy! Anyway, my tip for all would be to have your kids checked early! It's such an easy thing to overlook, but apparently, (like so many other things), timing can be incredibly important!

I love ALL my children SOOO much, and never get enough of SEEing my 2 girls new BEAUTIFUL looks!

4 comments:

bedonts said...

VERY CUTE!! I was far-sighted too...then my eyes corrected themselves. But, that just means I'll need glasses again later in life...(earlier than most "older people"!!!)

Love being able to check your blog...What fun, What fun!

kat said...

HOORAY!! I'm so excited for your blog! :) I love the girls new looks. They really look adorable. We are so excited to see you guys next Sunday. It's seems so far away!

Cara said...

Hi Sandy! I loooooove your blog - it is beautiful - the background and especially your fab family photo. The girls are adorable in their glasses! They have grown up so much since I have seen them! Miss you! Cara

We are mom and dad! said...

Thank you Sandy for helping me get my blog going. I love you.